Thursday, May 12, 2011

Race Report: Platte River Park - Psycowpath Series #3

Lack of pre-race prep = mediocre performance. Arrived at Platte River State Park later than I wanted and wasnt really able to get any pedaling in before the race. This was a problem when everyone sprinted from the start (which was also lemans style). A lot of people were in front of me when I got to the initial climb...I passed a bunch but had to put in lots of effort, and without a warm-up I also paid for about 10-15 mins later and had to back off...way off.

After backing off for 20 mins I finally got my rhythm and could pick up the pace, but many had passed me again and I realized I was already halfway through the race!! Going into lap 2 I felt decent and caught a few people particularly around the technical rock section- where I made up A LOT of time as I didn't need to dismount on either lap.

Came through the finish at 1hr 6mins...fun course and fun to be racing...but really? ...mediocre CAT 2 finishes with that time? We need to be racing for 90+ minutes at least. Looks like for the remainder of the season its going to be the marathon class for me! The 3 hour races will be just the ticket with how I like my races to progress.

No comments: