Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ohhh...I love Colorado!!

Colorado has everything I love to do during ANY season!! Its been about two years since the last time I went downhill skiing - and the last time was at Ande's Tower Hills - went once and the time before that was probably 7 years earlier when I was skiing a lot; so, I forgot how much I loved to ski!! I decided to hit Loveland Ski Area as it was big (1400+ acres), lots of fresh powder, moguls, no lift lines, 40 minutes up I-70 from my parents place where I was staying, and only 48 bucks!! Not to mention it is skiing at 12-13,000 feet and along the eastern slopes of the Continental Divide over the Eisenhower Tunnel - very cool. I only crashed hard twice so I was happy. My legs were burning though...lots of rust to clear out!! SO awesome though. Weaving and slaloming through the trees and powder....maybe slightly out of control at times...but I had my fingers crossed ;-) Unfortunately no good pics though, it was cloudy with fresh snow falling the whole time - which made for some interesting low visibility skiing above the tree line when the wind picked up.

I went skiing a few times during my stay last week and so now of course I'm obsessed with it. Hello Spirit Mountain season pass! Only 2 hours from my house and seems to have gotten a lot of snow this year...and probably the best within 2 hours of the cities?? Now movies like Aspen Extreme, Ski School (1 & 2), Ski Patrol, Warren Miller stuff, etc...oh yeah! all the skiing classics are raiding my DVD player. Renewed motivation. Might have to hit Spirit this weekend.

Most of the mountain bike racing series and "other" big races have now posted their 2009 schedules and dates so I will be updating that section soon. Lots of good stuff coming, and decisions to make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm skiing I haven't skiied in many moons.. but fun, never anything big though.
Ali

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a great place.
I am suprised with your bike racing
and skiing etc, why do you live where you live? Sounds like Colorado is the place for you