Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rain rain go away...come again some...no just go away!!

This is crap! Its so cold and rainy! I was sick all last week so I was really looking forward to getting in some healthy rides! I even had to pull out the trainer on monday to et some time in. One hour 'recovery' ride with some core work after since I hadn't ridden since Wednesday. Thursday through Sunday was MISERABLE inside on the couch with a cold...only awake long enough for work basically.

Yesterday I took the Orbea out on the road since it was not quite raining. Went up and down a lot of hills...I had to get some good efforts in because it was COLD!! Not exactly the way I want to work out coming off a cold illness thing, but I had to get out and ride. An hour and a half riding, but it took a good 25 to 30 minutes before I felt like the ride was even worth it!

Today...its even colder AND raining. I'm gonna have to retire to the gym and get some work in there tonight. I don't want to push it outdoors...maybe some time on the trainer but now I'm spoiled and one hour on that feels like five!

I'm undecided about this weekend...yeah its in 3 days...well 2 days I guess...I'd love to race Nathrop but I'm not sure about the weather. Colorado has been getting slammed with bad white stuff. On the other hand, a good 3 hour ride at some trail in Minneapolis Saturday morning, betting the Preakness Stakes, live racing at Canterbury Park, and a pre season race Sunday at Hillside Park sounds appealing too ;)

1 comment:

Rhody said...

We've got the same crap here. I'm just using this as my rest week.