Monday, December 6, 2010

First Night Rides and First Race

Night riding is fun! I've never really done it before- hiked with head lamps to the top of mountains and ridden probably too late into the night on trails sometimes with no lights- but finally riding into the night with a headlamp on the trail. It does take some getting used to!

Saturday evening I went out for a few hours at Tranquility Park so I had the confidence of riding that trail A LOT- I still nearly wiped on a few corners- those pesky ones with the cupped inside edges! Really fun stuff though. Riding in 15-20 degree weather with the winter gear and the headlight a few times reminded me of riding a snowmobile deep through the woods...of course with no snow here yet though...yet...

Consistant training has definitely started in full force again. And I think I found my first "non-sanctioned" race of the season on January 9th at Hillside Park in Elk River, MN- The Cold Bear Challenge- Yeppers! In da snow! First of a three race series- the next on January 30th and then February 20th. I don't have a snow bike but hopefully the Superlight with some meatier tires will do just fine. Should be a killer time regardless!

No comments: