Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm on a Team!...and not sick anymore!

August 4th I get the email from Adam Leiferman of Summit Racing welcoming me to their team. Eric Uschold and I have been discussing the possibility of my joining Summit Racing since Afton. Then during a training ride- must have been July 29 or 30- Eric called me and said he severely dislocated his shoulder, and officially asked me to join to help keep them team standings for the rest of the year. Now I can follow my own individual standings and the team standings also. This is going to be a huge…HUGE help in keeping my motivation and focus on training and much less stress on race day as I now will have great support during the races.

August 7th The initial race with the team. I come back for the last "Thursday night" Buck Hill race of the season to test the lungs being these races are so short (~28 minutes now). Everything felt tight coming off of being sick- I was definitely over the bronchitis but lungs and legs really need to get conditioned again. 4th of 54 though so not bad- only 7seconds out of the "medals" though. Nonetheless, a good soild test run to build off of.

August 10th – MNSCS#7 at Buck Hill. I felt like David Hasselhoff. I have never seen this course so sandy and loose. They cut the race from 5 laps to 4…which to be honest kind of annoyed me a little. I placed 4th…again…behind the 3 B’s –Bruce, Brian, and Ben as its been this way all season. However, this did erase the 19th place at the Spring Cup as this was the 7th race of the season. MNSCS takes the top 6 finishes to determine the series points results at the end of the season with 5 bonus points for each additional race. Overall in Sport I was 15th today. I took off from the start and could feel my legs dragging. I just couldn't stay with BBB like I could at Spirit- still some work to do- as the 4th lap was my fastest, finishing in 1:01:59. Thanks for the support Summit Racing!

No comments: