Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Next Step

Confirmed now. This weekend at Maplelag Resort in Callaway, MN will be my first race in the Comp class- one above Sport which I've been racing all year, and I've been finishing pretty well, so, decided its time to move up. I'm pretty excited about it. Longer, more technical (sometimes) races with faster riders should help boost my fitness and riding skill levels to keep progressing as well as I have all season. Some fast riders in this class though.

This race is part of the MNSCS, but, it's also on the USA Cycling cross-country national calendar. For that reason, there should be some tough competition here. Its a tight, twisty course up there with sketchy drops along the lake where I've heard some riders unavoidably end up taking a dip during the race...so I'll be repeating in my head for about an hour and a half, "stay smooth, smooth is fast, stay smooth, smooth is fast." ;)

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Hey congrats on the class move! :) Good luck at Maplelag!!

Anonymous said...

This jump will really improve you technical skills. The longer distance is a callenge only at races like Afton and Mankato where the hills get ya. You'll do great man.