Friday, July 31, 2009

Cast coming off...?

I'm hoping in less than 12 hours...it will be off. Leg is feeling good, but its up to the Doc and what he sees in the xrays. I haven't written for a couple weeks. For not being very mobile, I sure have stayed busy. Workout-wise this week I've started some more organized training again with guidance from TJ. Thats boosted some confidence in my recovery abilities. I'm still in this 'all in' mood...not sure I can be more motivated going into this fall and the upcoming 'off-season'!

I have stories over the last few weeks that have helped that. I'll write more later on that. Some star struck days out west, watching the Tour, going to mountain bike races even though I'm not racing, having awesome (and extremely motivating) conversations about marathon training and running; the commitment we all put into pushing ourselves and the feeling of accomplishment following a big race or training day...I'm in it, I love it, I'll be back soon. Small daily and weekly goals can go a long way.

Last Sunday at the MNSCS event while watching the Expert/Pro riders TJ, Brenden, Jeff Hall, Sam, Jenna, Kyia, many others...fast fast fast riders, I told the story a few dozen times. After one rendition, this guy said to me in front of a small group listening in "Well, ya know it's not gonna be the same...it's gonna heal stronger or weaker."

...it's gonna be stronger...I've already made that decision ;-)

No comments: