Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm Walking!!


The cast came off Friday and by Friday afternoon I was able to walk around!...albeit slowly...but I was walking! Ditched the crutches that night and really put my leg to the test Saturday morning by walking around Ritchfield to different spots to watch and cheer on Sarah in her first ever half marathon (The Urban Wildlands)- which she totally knocked out of the park by the way.

This was really REALLY inspiring, she looked so strong through the whole race. Talk about stepping it up, she improved by leaps and bounds dropping 15 minutes off her time from the training run the week before and beat 2/3rds of the women and half the men! Nice work first time out! Nice work period!!

Anyway, the whole time my leg felt great! Still getting the muscles and tendons used to moving again, and some soreness because of that but feels like it gets better by the hour. I wrapped it up on Sunday evening and was actually able to spin lightly on the trainer for about 45-50 minutes! Wow that felt good! I'm gonna work hard through rehab...no predictions on when I'll officially be strapping on a number plate this fall. I'm taking it day by day and gonna do it right...but I'm anxious.

2 comments:

Rhody said...

Glad to have you back on the horse.

Alissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.