Thursday, June 24, 2010

Riding Out the Storms

The battle in the Citizen class has been heating up. Fun texts, emails, and calls. John's buying more carbon stuff and logging some good mileage, Matt's being more secretive about his plots. Matt hasn't raced in a couple years, John's never raced...not counting Mont Du Lac. I'm staying neutral in this...with a gas can next to me in case the track smack fires start to smolder at all ;)

This weekend will be awesome. Heading up to Minneapolis tomorrow night I think. I unfortunately will NOT be racing in the USAC's return to the midwest at Mt. Morris, WI. Too much driving and I need to turn that stress down a little. Mankato will be fun on Sunday. I raced there in 2008 and hopefully it will be similar.

It has been a rediculously stormy summer so far! Finding 2 hour slots of times throughout the day to get in the rides has been tricky. While I've been able to do it, many times its riding half in the rain or wondering if I'm going to get back to my place in time before the monstrous lightning shows get there, but it definintely keeps up my intensity! Nothing like lightning to motivate you to put in some good training efforts!

I rarely get out on the singletrack because of it though. I think the only times I've been on the mountain bike lately have been for the actual race, otherwise its been all Bianchi. Tonight I have a good long dirt ride planned and I'm hoping it wont rain today so I can actually get it in...on dirt!

No comments: