Sunday, July 11, 2010

Race Report: Road TT???

Yup my first race on the road bike. The "Omaha Cycling Weekend" was yesterday and today featuring a Time Trial and Criterium yesterday with a road race today. I learned about this series of races on Thursday. Since my focus is on the USAC Nationals (coming up this Thursday!) there were some other plans for training this weekend layed out by TJ, that I felt would be better prep so only competed in the TT at 9am.

Some serious TT guys were there - aero everything. I did not have "aero" anything (although I did remove the visor from my mountain bike helmet). I was using my mountain shoes and pedals - had one pin in each corner of the bib to hold it on my back - which, I learned that it takes more than that to make it feel less like a parachute at those speeds. Yeah, the Bianchi worked awesome, but was set up pretty much exactly how I use it for training.

Overall, it was pretty cool. Much different. I got done with the race feeling like I had a little more than I should have left in the tank. I'm used to racing for 1 1/2 to 3hours! It was fun though and I'd like to try one again.

My time was only about 27 minutes for 10 miles and total warm up and cool down was about the same; so, yesterday afternoon I headed out on the Santa Cruz to get 2 1/2 hours of dirt work in ;) Good riding day.

Another note, I took Bandit to the dog park on Friday night...which is also right next to the BMX track where they happened to be racing that night! I watched that for a couple hours...cool stuff! I haven't watched BMX (other than on TV) for a very long time.

No comments: