Thursday, June 30, 2011

Race Report: MNMBS #4 - Red Wing

Last weekend was the fourth stop of the MN series at Red Wing. The events leading up to this race greatly distracted any good race prep, so once again I went into this race...more or less just ride, have fun, and see what happens. I've raced here only twice before with the last time being in 2008 and have to say I was glad to be back!

Once again, I had no power but at least a little more endurance-like efforts to have a fun ride. The 'Stairway to Heaven' climb is a great one- steep, loose, rocky stuff that provides GREAT training. I really liked the course and need to make the drive down to ride there more often.

I didn't finish the greatest, but a solid race to build on overall- all things considered. Some unfortunate race news from the event was cheating (some caught and some rumored to have cut the course in Citizen and Comp classes) and also a bad crash by one of the Sport women- get well soon Sam!

No comments: