Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gears

I need'em. Singlespeed is really fun, but, my legs are just really NOT interested at this point though. Maybe later in the season I'll tackle the SS beast again but for now, especially with some mountain races in the making for my schedule, I'm gonna stick with 27 gears.

Rode a couple laps at Lebanon Hills tonight with Ben from the Freewheel team. They've added some sweet rocky stuff that I hadn't seen before. Pretty fun stuff! The semi-slick "Crow's" from Stan's No Tubes actually worked pretty well through that stuff. My technical skills are good...still feel like I'm waking up the legs though.

There's a local non-sanctioned race on Saturday morning at Hillside Park in Elk River - 10 bucks? I'm in! Thats a fun course and this is the first year that course will also be on the MNSCS schedule so that should be fun. Should have at least the 1x9 on my bike for that so I'll feel better about things.

Its been a very hectic week so this ride felt really awesome! I need to get out on the road and just ride. I do feel better than last year at this time - much better. I'm sooo psyched for this season!

No comments: