Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Healing...

Well after my spill at the Spring Cup about 9 days ago my left thumb is still not feeling that great. I've been wrapping it and training soley on the road bike to keep my thumb away from the shifter and thats been feeling ok. I did not see a doctor but I feel like it is just spraine dreally bad. The discoloration is going away - still hurts under certain pressures though - but not as much. I did get some good longer road riding in last weekend though. I skipped the Buck Hill race last week because of my thumb and to get in another good day of consistent training and some testing. I'm most likely going to give it a go at Buck this Thursday to test it a little bit before MNSCS #2 at Afton this weekend.

In other big news...through an opportunity that the company has offered its employees, I'm going to Colorado for a month! Leaving June 18th and coming back after the USAC Nationals at Sol Vista in July! No work...just going to ride and train and do cool stuff in the mountains while I'm there to help prepare me for it. I can't wait! That means my racing schedule has some adjustments being made to it. After the Duluth race on the 13th, I will be racing in Crested Butte, CO on Saturday June 19th. I remember racing that course in 2006. Looking forward to going back. Hoping to keep heading west afterwards and own towards Telluride, Durango, or maybe into Utah or Arizona...we'll see what the funding is like for that. Should be awesome though.

No comments: