Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting Better

Ok so things are...getting better. My other issue has been taken care for now at least. So, I have been able to get some more training in with the lower stress levels. Today was a great ride - over an hour and pretty heavy on the effort. I clicked down a few gears on the Orbea (on the road) and cranked up the hr. I can finally stand and pedal with little to no forgiveness on the left leg - only for about 5 minutes though before some soreness starts up (tonight was a good dose of ibuprofen). I'm curious about how things will feel tomorrow.

Last weekend was Sarahs golden birthday and Saturday night many from her running club came, so it was great to be around a group of athletes - all talking running for the most part. BUT I did get some good tips for hill training on the bike in St. Paul - something about Ramsey St or Ave or something off Sunnit Ave...and then the "High Bridge" (Smith Road?) I've seen that before as I drive up Shephard Road. It looks like it could be a nice longer steady 5-6% grade climb - will have to check that out...hopefully soon! Then some other road - Ohio Street I think. Full reports to come later as the leg heals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post Dave! I like your view on life. Hope the leg gets better really soon. Feel free to give Chris Leiferman a call to get out on the road. Take care.