Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010? Lets see how it goes...

So...after an obvious long absence from regular biking...or anything really that resembled life before my last post...uncertainty has passed and I'm moving in a similar but new direction. I start a new job on January 19th...in Omaha, Nebraska. Yep...Omaha.

This is an excellent move career-wise and with training, this will afford me to get out earlier as the winters not near as long. Now that I'm only 7 hours or so from Denver, I will probably race most of the Mountain States Cup this season in Colorado! I'm REALLY excited for that! I will also make it back to Minnesota to race some MNSCS events.

I'll write more later, but major decisions like these have been whats kept me from regular training and blog updates. Obviously thoughts about possible decisions like these can't really be discussed in public forums.

More to come...but for now, I'm off to Nebraska! Supposedly there is some racing there - the Psycowpath series or something like that?

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Welcome to Nebraska, Dangerous Dave! Roxzanne here. I was sent this from a mountain biker friend. And yes, there is racing in Nebraska. My husband, Ryan and I run the local race series. Although not as hilly and probably shorter loops than Minnesota, we do have 5 trail systems accessible by bike from the middle of town, with another two 45 min to 1.5 hours from Omaha. We have regional and national level racers here so you'll find good competition too. You can find more at www.psycowpath.com (last year's info) and to get familiar with our community, go to www.mtbomaha.blogspot.com. Yes, our winters are shorter, but this year we've had record snow so I don't expect trails will be rideable until late spring. Plenty of gravel and road riding to fill in until we can get on dirt. So, again, welcome to Omaha and feel free to email us if you have any questions about what shop to go to or where the biggest burrito is. roxzanne.abbott@gmail.com or ryan.feagan@gmail.com

Safe travels.

Unknown said...

I agree, welcome to Nebraska. There are lots of good folks in Nebraska. Some other site to check out would be www.nencycling.org or www.nebraskacyclingnews.com

Dangerous Dave said...

Thanks for the welcome and all the info! I will be in touch - I do have some questions. Looking forward to riding...on the roads AND trails around Omaha!