Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winter Olympics

Ahhhhh yes...the 2010 Winter Olympics are in full effect now. I love it! Being able to understand what the athletes, trainers, coaches, volunteers, etc go through to preppare themselves for the games is mind boggling. I can easily watch every sport in the Olympics. Its so fun to cheer for Team USA, even if its just from my own living room with no one around. I especially look forward to the Skeleton and Speed Skating because thats what I would love to compete in. I'd love to try them both.

Watching the Olympics makes me want to train harder and longer than ever. I've put in some good training already (more than other years at this time) but now feel like I should do more. I am very close to solidifying plans for Sea Otter and making a strong start into the 2010 season.

Sarah has been in town since Friday and yesterday while I was at work she found some nice steep hills that will work great for some tough efforts...when the snow melts. For now its still the trainer and the gym. I'm putting a lot of focus into evening out the legs and building core strength, particularly in my back - top to bottom.

Speaking of legs...I'm going to try a new set of pedals this year. Switching from Time to Shimano. Also...new tires. Haven't bought any yet but thats on my shopping list at the next LBS.

No comments: