Friday, April 2, 2010

29er or not?

Staying active (tennis and running) and awesome riding lately! With more riders on the trails, its more fun to push a little harder to catch and pass people (or keep from getting passed). Definitely keeps my pace a little higher than I would when riding alone. I need it though...still feeling a little uneasy practicing some race-pace turns. The last lap of the ride at Tranquility Park on Wednesday though I was pushing pretty hard and I really feel for the first time since I broke my leg that my fitness is coming back.

Off to Denver tonight finally! Bringing the road bike to go hammer on some long ascents. Hopefully the roads will be clear enough. Yeah...that means I'm skipping the TT at Jewell Park tomorrow which I'm not totally happy about, but its a long season with lots of racing ahead and I realy need the long fitness rides right now.

Also...thinking a lot lately about the pros and cons to racing a 29er...for someone my size, it really seems like I should be more concerned with wheel/tire weight. I really notice it when I'm rolling slow and need to jump on the pedals. this guy on an Anthem really pulled on me until we got up to speed.

No comments: