Friday, April 23, 2010

Off to Fruita!

Packed up the car...headin out in a couple hours. Stopping at Denver for the night to see my parents, then the rest of the trip tomorrow morning/afternoon. My Dad will be coming with for support so that will be nice...always good company. Skipping the TT's tomorrow and just gonna get well prepared for the race on Sunday. I don't want any excuses - I need a good baseline to start with this year. The first Mountain States Cup race should be good for that!

Last night I spent a few hours checking over the Orbea. I cleaned and then greased everything, adjusted the brakes...and I switched the rear tire back to Stan's "Crow" tire. The tire I've been using has great traction but is half a pound heavier than the Crow. Plus the bigger knobs create significantly more drag on the flats. We'll see if this was a good decision or not, but I want to be fast!

No comments: