Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Race Report: Maskenthine Classic

Last weekend marked my return to the Psycowpath series with a race at Maskenthine Lake in Stanton, NE. I finished 7th overall in CAT 2 so I felt ok about that. A preride could've helped a lot. I had never seen the course before lap 1, and that cost me quite a bit of time.

From the start up the short hill climb leadout I was in about 5th anticipating a left turn into the woods...nope...right turn sooner than I had figured which made me almost over shoot it on the outside while 3 ro 4 riders went by on the inside. I made some quick passes in a couple open field sections but quick punchy turns and climbs popped up all over the course.After several in the first lap I could no longer see the back of the lead group. I felt good but just couldn't get a rhythm going. By lap 3 I finally started to get the layout of the course and dropped a pack that had been starting to catch me.

Quick ducking and weaving is usually heaven for me on a race course...unless I dont know when its coming!

Change of plans for Labor Day weekend. Originally was going to race up at Maplelag Resort in northern MN (which is of the tight twisty kind) but situations arose and instead am now heading to Colorado so I'll race at Winter Park for a Mountain States Cup event. There will be a heavy race schedule now until the last weekend in September!

No comments: