Monday, September 13, 2010

Riding Walker Ranch and Four Wheelin!

Over Labor Day weekend I did some other riding. On Sunday, the day after the race I went four wheelin with Dad again up in Central City, Co. Awesome stuff there! Nice trails and a realy fun ~1 mile section of trail that had steep grades and loose rocks the whole way ranging from softball to microwave sized to climb over. This was a challenging ride up on the 2WD I was on but with the right momentum and balance I got up pretty quick without stopping. Standing on the foot pegs, using the handlebars, and not using much brake I felt like I was riding a downhill bike on some trial at a ski area on the way back down again! AWESOME!! I wish I could ride this stuff more often!

That Monday I went back to where my accident happened in June 2009. The accident has been plaguing me mentally in the technical stuff since it happened and I haven't been as fast in the singeltrack sections of the races as I normally am. I ended up riding past that spot three times...twice downhill and once uphill. I gotta say I feel a lot better! It gave me a big boost in confidence in that type of terrain again...some weight has been lifted.

No comments: