Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Race Report: Psycowpath Series Branched Oak Lake

Realized its been a little while since my last post! Life's been busy and full of surprises lately. Going back to September 11th I raced in Nebraska's Psycowpath Series just north of Lincoln. This is a fun course and one that I took first at during one of the weekly series in August, so I was excited to be back.

Well I definitely scared some singletrack gobblins away in Colorado over Labor Day because I really was thowing the bike into the turns. I gained a lot of time in these sections but lost some of it in the open fields...which unfortunately made up more than half the race.

I was gaining ground at the end on the leaders, but a 'mix up' in the woods with a fallin rider lost me some time and allowed a couple others to pass. Note: if you crash in front of another rider...you no longer have the right of way and should not stand up in the middle of the course causing the other rider (me) to lock handlebars with you sending both into the woods. He insisted it was my fault...I said I was racing and don't care what he thinks...I sprinted off and he finished 3 minutes behind me.

This race was longer too! Finally! Most of the CAT 2 races seem end with leaders around the one hour 15 minute mark- way too short in my opinion. This race added another 20 minutes on to it and I loved it! CAT 2 riders should be able to race for that long...plus you get a way better ride and workout.

In the end it was a solid race, even with the little mishap with Professor Crash. I ended up in 8th overall for CAT 2 ou of about 40 or so; and not far behind the leaders time-wise. I was more stoked than anything about getting my singletrack skills and confidence back.

I'll get caught up to the St. Cloud Jail Trail's Singletrack Escape tomorrow night....and the results my first 'open house' event for finding a renter for my house in Coon Rapids.

No comments: