Monday, February 14, 2011

50+ degrees!!

Finally! I got to get out on the road yesterday without suiting up with all the heavy cold weather gear. I was so amped up and could not wait to release this energy into the bike! I didn't even think much about the route- just headed north on Hwy 133 up to Blair then over to Arlington and back which turned out to be about 3hrs 45mins and roughly 62 miles.

This is a pretty flat route but had a good head wind most of the way to Arlington before turning back...that tailwind felt really good from there ;)

On Saturday, for the first time ever, I took a yoga class...yeah it was weird at first- haha! But, I gotta say that it was pretty sweet in the end. A little different and felt a little out of place...but I can definitely see the benefits of it. And it is one of those things where how much you get out of it greatly depends on how much you put into it. There's more strength/muscular endurance involved in some of the poses than I would have thought.

Heading to Colorado this coming weekend. Not sure how open from the snow the foothills are for some good hill climbs but hoping to find something! Plus...have to hit those slopes at some point!

No comments: