Sunday, February 6, 2011

I love this stuff...

Saturday afternoon I swapped back over to the lighter Kenda Karmas (best all-around tire I've EVER been on) and headed out for a good long ride. At ~37 degrees, it was raining, which greatly increased the efforts. After about 6 miles on the road I veered off onto a dirt road that was a bit peanut buttery and very soft from the current rain. I was out for a few hours- not sure on mileage. When I was done, I was sloppy muddy and wet head to toe...it took more than two hours to clean the bike and get the drivetrain to quit making the harsh sandy grinding noises. Good effort though. Good ride.

Sunday- it's just crazy that the more I feel the previous days workout, the more I want to get out and ride?! Today I opted to stay IN-side and hit up Lifetime's Sunday afternoon movie ride. Brought the freshly cleaned Santa Cruz to the studio with the trainer and rode for about two and a half hours there. These are proving to be very helpful when getting outside is just not the best for training with the weather...and with the first big race (a 6-hour national calendar race!) in 5 weeks...I need all the training capacity of spinning those cranks as I can get. Another 60 minutes of some core work in the gym after the ride and it was a good solid day of...playing :) I love this stuff!!

No comments: