Friday, February 25, 2011

Colorado

No snow in the foothills as I hoped!! Such sweet riding there! One day I took the usual route from just east of Boulder up Baseline to the top of Flagstaff and back...feeling really good about how that felt.

My mantra of smooth is fast is working in many ways even off the singletrack- I didn't "sprint" to the top...but made it to the top faster than ever before. The tactics TJ's been having me practice are really shining right now.

Didn't get into the mountains to do any skiing this time though. That turns out to be an all-day event and I wanted to spend some time with the family.

Race tomorrow in Cumming, IA! 100K over mostly gravel road I think. Probabbly lots of "cross" bikes...not sure how I'll hold up against them but should be a fun test of endurance and keeping on top of nutrition for Spa City 6-Hour in two weeks!!

No comments: