Friday, February 4, 2011

Did I or didn't I...

...get in? Well...I sent my entry to the race in November...cutoff for registration for the Leadville 100 'lottery entry' was Monday. Guess I'm supposed to get an email on or before February 28th if my number's drawn? I have to say I'm really hoping I get in to this thing. I hadn't seen either of the Race Across the Sky movies...until this week. I knew watching this would be a real boost in motivation to keep training hard- even in this weather. Now I want to get out and ride for hours! Of course I've only been able to see the first one because the 2010 race isn't out until March 8th, but as everyone who's seen it knows, this very well done...and really gets my hopes up to get in to this race. It's suposed to be nice this weekend- hopefully thats right. I printed off a few 50-60 mile routes posted by other riders in the area...would love to get out there!

Other than that, I added most of the dates up to the USAC Nationals on my calendar. I'm excited for the longer "road" race on dirt coming up here on February 26th- registration done. I'm not so excited to announce that I might not make the journey out to southern Cali in March- too much going on here to plan plane tickets, bike shipping, car rentals, hotels, dealing with socal traffic and whatever, and still try to relax and prepare for a big race; however...I think I found a fun alternative; the Spa City 6-Hour Ultra Endurance MTB Race in Hot Springs, AR on March 12th. This is also a USAC National Calendar race and some big ultra-endurance names competed last year- looks like a great event!

Training has been great- more than just putting the time in. I'm learning a lot more about efficient workouts- concentrating on position and more focus around the purpose of each ride/task/excercise/stretch. Perfect timing for what is now the 'pre-season' for me. TJ's been setting up killer workouts- sometimes literally- and they've been great! Working with someone this knowledgeable has helped me train so much more efficiently and it really shows.

Really hoping I get into Leadville the more I think about it...mid-August is perfect timing for it too!

No comments: